Treatment Tips and Tricks
Beauty is my absolute passion and having been in the beauty industry for over 20 years, I am always looking for those little tricks and fast-track ways to be able to maximise the benefits of my skincare regime.
For me, the ‘Intensive Treatment Collection’ is an absolute gem as it contains some of my most loved professional products to help preserve the skin’s youth and luminosity.
Melatogenine Futur Plus Anti-wrinkle Radiance Mask is my desert island superhero product for the summer season! I still love to tan and even though I am much more careful about protecting my skin these days, I know how damaging the sun can be in terms of dehydration and causing premature ageing. I know I can keep my skin in great condition just by using this mask a few times a week. Here are some tricks to get maximum, salon-quality results from your mask at home:
- Make sure you thoroughly cleanse and exfoliate the skin first to ensure the mask reaches new skin rather than dead skin.
- Press with your thumb on the third eye; this is the point between your eyebrows and above your nose. Hold for 3 seconds and repeat 10 times. This stimulates the pituitary gland, which is the master endocrine gland, to enhance the condition of the skin.
- Light tapping motions working from the inner face tapping outwards towards the ears will stimulate the lymphatic circulation and help alleviate excess fluid, reducing puffiness.
- Remove any excess mask by splashing the skin with very cold water. This will stimulate the blood circulation and create immediate luminosity and radiance.
Gatineau’s Throat Gel is a brilliant targeted treatment for the delicate neck and decollete especially if you suffer from necklace lines, vertical lines, and skin slackening under the jawline. Throughout my 20’s and 30’s, I negelcted my neck but as I turned 40 I really started to notice the deterioration on the skin.
The skin on the neck is very thin, has less fatty tissue and has less sebaceous glands than facial skin which means it can dry out more quickly and become wrinklier. Also, the neck muscles are not connected to the bone structure meaning the skin can easily lose elasticity making it loose and crêpe. So, I have developed my own tricks to help with this vulnerable area.
- If you suffer from skin slackening then apply in quick successive upward stroking movements from décolleté to jawline.
- If you suffer from dull, lack lustre, puffy skin then apply in quick successive downward stroking movements from the jawline towards the clavicle.
- Press on the indentation behind both earlobes (at the end of the jawline) with the index fingers. Hold for 3 seconds and repeat 10 times. This will help to increase the luminosity of the skin and is called the ‘Heavenly Appearance’ pressure point.
- Silk pillowcases also help to minimise wrinkles as they don’t drag on your skin as you sleep.
Remember no anti-ageing routine should be without a daily serum and protective moisturiser – I absolutely love the concept behind our Collagene Expert Ultimate Smoothing Serum. Formulated with triple collagen complex it works at different levels of the skin to repair, moisturise and fill in wrinkles.
Team this with the Perfection Ultime Retexturising Beauty Cream designed to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles, instantly brighten and smooth the skin texture and you have the perfect intensive at home treatments for younger, smoother and radiant skin.
You can buy the Intensive Treatment Collection here http://bit.ly/IntensiveTreatmentCollection